At the IFA expo in Berlin last week, EMFIT, the healthtech company from Finland known for its sensor technology embedded in sleep and seizure monitors, introduced the only contact-free health monitor that provides recovery and readiness analysis based on whole-night heart rate variability (HRV).
HRV – the variation in time between a person’s individual heartbeats – is considered an indicator of aerobic fitness and various health conditions including stress and sleep apnea. HRV helps determine how an athlete’s body reacts and adapts to the stresses of training and indicates readiness for competition.
EMFIT sleep monitors are used in more than 60 countries. Caregivers can remotely monitor the routine and sleep habits of a family member who is at risk of falling or may wander due to dementia or memory loss. Discreet tracking detects when the user is in or out of bed, awake or asleep.
Having undergone 20+ years of clinical evaluation to monitor sleep and breathing patterns, EMFIT’s highly sensitive sensors are embedded into a soft, flexible material. The user simply places the contact-free EMFIT QS under the mattress, and does not feel it, hear it, or inadvertently move it during sleep.
Benefits of EMFIT QS for sports performance, health care, elder care and smart home integration:
- Measures heart and breathing rate, heart rate variability, stress levels, sleep quality, length of time for deep, REM light sleep and total sleep
- Detects whether the user is in bed/out of bed, awake/asleep
- Autonomous monitoring system uses Wi-Fi or a cellular signal to automatically send data to a secure cloud server
- Placement UNDER the mattress means it’s discreet, comfortable and durable
- Personal dashboard displays comprehensive reports about physical recovery, stress levels, and sleep quality. No app or software to download
- Programmable to send notifications, daily wellness reports and other information
- Lightweight and easily travels with you for training, business or vacation
- Several APIs for integration with smart home IoT systems