LAN events are a gamer’s idea of heaven, and now the rAge team – who have been delivering South Africa’s biggest LAN for 15 years – are hosting the first Winter NAG LAN at Rush in July. Running over the last weekend of July school holidays, the NAG LAN is the ideal way to spend some quality time with online mates before the reality of “all work and no play” sets in once again.
The NAG LAN is South Africa’s biggest BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer/Console) LAN, so the addition of a winter leg is good news for diehard fans and newbies alike. Whether you’re a familiar face at the NAG LAN or would like to experience it for the first time, this event is the best way to experience multiplayer gaming, with hundreds of likeminded gaming enthusiasts packed into a single venue. It’s also a great way to meet new friends and have a ton of fragging fun.
Here’s what you need to know about the Winter NAG LAN:
· You’ll spend 53 sleep-deprived, but awesome hours playing multiplayer games with 600 other gamers on the same network with an epic internet connection supplied by IS.
· Tickets are on sale now at Computicket and cost R600 for the three days.
· A NAG LAN ticket also gives you access to Rush, an esports-crammed festival of competitive gaming with great spectator value.
· The event runs from 21 to 23 July at the Sandton Convention Centre.
· For more info visit www.naglan.co.za
Whether or not you’ve been to a BYOC LAN before, here are a few pointers as to what to bring:
· Your gaming rig (pc, console or laptop) – including up-to-date software to make your experience more enjoyable.
· Chairs and tables are provided, but you may want to bring a comfy cushion for your seat.
· It’s winter, so pack warm, comfortable clothes.
· Cash for food and snacks.