With a precision machined aluminium frame forged out of a single piece of aluminium, laminated 5” display with sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass and seamlessly integrated 8MP wide-aperture cameras (front and back), the Nokia 3 is claimed to “pack a truly premium quality smartphone experience into its compact and elegant form”. The Nokia 3 runs on plain Android, so that it is not crammed with bloatware.
HMD Global provided the following information:
With a precision machined aluminium frame, delivering exceptional structural integrity, and polycarbonate back, the Nokia 3’s robust design provides protection where it counts. The Nokia 3 boasts quality craftsmanship at an unprecedented price and is available in two distinct colours at launch – Matte Black and Tempered Blue.
Exceptional viewing experience
Featuring a fully laminated IPS display with no airgap and sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass, the Nokia 3 screen offers durability and superb clarity delivering a viewing experience that is second to none. With fewer reflections thanks to the polarised screen, the experience is crisp and clear offering unbeatable visibility even in bright sunlight.
Capture the moment
The Nokia 3 has been designed to give a premium experience at an affordable price. The 8MP autofocus rear and front facing cameras have been balanced with large pixel size and aperture to deliver great images, particularly in low light situations. Combined with the exclusive camera user interface, to provide automatic scene detection, it is easy to take great shots every time. And with unlimited free cloud storage via Google Photos, you can snap all you want safe in the knowledge that every moment you capture can be automatically and securely backed up.
“Premium is an experience, not a price point. We’ve been extremely thoughtful about the overall performance of the Nokia 3, to ensure that a premium high quality experience is fully accessible for everyone,” says Justin Maier, Vice President Sub Sahara Africa, HMD Global.
Always Pure Android
With the Nokia 3 you will have a pure Android experience for your device. With monthly security updates your Nokia 3 is safe, up-to-date as well as clutter-free – putting choice at the heart of the consumer experience. And with the latest Android comes the latest features including Doze, which saves battery life while the phone is stored. The new Nokia 3 features Google’s most recent innovation, the Google Assistant, building further on a great Android experience. Our teams have worked together to ensure conversations with the Google Assistant happen seamlessly on Nokia smartphones.
We offer a range of accessories perfectly tailored to suit the Nokia 3. The Nokia accessories portfolio includes an in-car charger case and wall charger.
The Nokia 3 will be available in South Africa on 7 June 2017 – and will retail at an estimated retail price of R2,199.00. Maier concludes, “In today’s cash strapped times, where people aren’t willing to compromise on quality, design or delivery, the Nokia 3 is the perfect mobile companion for value-conscious consumers”.
• EMEA Networks: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 WCDMA: Band 1, 2, 5, 8 LTE: Band 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40
• Network speed: LTE Cat. 4, 150Mbps DL/50Mbps UL
• Available in single SIM variant
• OS: Android Nougat
• CPU: MTK 6737, Quad-core 1.3Ghz
• RAM: 2 GB LPPDDR 3
• Storage: 16 GB internal user memory with MicroSD card slot (support up to 128 GB support)
• Form factor: Touch monoblock with capacitive system keys
• Display: 5.0” IPS LCD HD (1280 x 720, 16:9), sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass, Polariser, 450 nits
• Camera: Primary camera: 8MP AF, 1.12um, f/2, flash, Front facing camera: 8MP AF, 1.12um, f/2, FOV 84˚ display flash
• Connectivity & Sensors: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, BT 4.2, GPS/AGPS, FM/RDS, NFC, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer (G-sensor), E-compass, Gyroscope, Micro USB (USB 2.0), OTG, 3.5mm ADJ
• Battery: Integrated 2630 mAh battery
• Audio: Single speaker
• Dimensions: 143.4 x 71.4 x 8.48 mm (camera bump: 8.68mm)