TomTom maps get an upgrade
TomTom has announced global map enhancements, delivering new coverage and features for automotive, government, enterprise and consumer customers.
TomTom maps cover more than 200 countries and territories globally, now with navigable coverage for 112 countries across 36.5 million kilometres of roads.
“TomTom continues to expand its navigable map coverage with the introduction of a MultiNet map for Namibia, Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique and Angola" said Danny Grobben, General Manager, TomTom Africa - Licensing. "On top of the growing global coverage, TomTom delivers high quality attribution that supports geocoding, navigation and other location based services.”
Some of the Africa specific enhancements include:
· Increased Addresses in South Africa to 92% of the population covered to enable premium geocoding and navigation
· Added Postal Code areas in South Africa targeting GIS and Government customers
· Added and updates over 4 000 street names in South Africa reflecting the latest street name changes made recently
· Increased coverage well over 10 million km of roads for the whole of Africa offering a pan-Africa navigation and routing experience
* Follow Gadget on Twitter on @gadgetza