Vodacom plans apps workshops
Vodacom is launching South Africa’s first multiplatform mobile application development workshop, which is aimed at strengthening the mobile app eco-system in South Africa.
This workshop will be launched in partnership with some of the best and leading ICT players in South Africa which include BlackBerry, CSIR, Google, Microsoft, mLab, Nokia, Qualcomm, Samsung, Technology Innovation Agency and The Innovation Hub.
The workshop which will take place from 03 to 05 October 2012 at The Innovation Hub in Pretoria, forms part of the Vodacom Developer Programme which aims to encourage local developers to design apps that are relevant to the South African market as well as the global market.
“We are thrilled to have partnered with key industry players who have teamed up to drive mobile application innovation in South Africa. They will present their best practice software engineering techniques and provide insights on some of the most advanced mobile application software development tools. Developers will also gain insight on funding options available. We hope this programme will encourage local developers to get actively involved in the creation of an ecosystem of local apps in South Africa,” says Prins Mhlanga, Managing Executive of Digital Media at Vodacom.
Below is a preview of topics that will be discussed during day one of the workshop:
· Vodacom Developer Programme as a vehicle to drive mobile app ecosystem in South Africa by Prins Mhlanga, Managing Executive at Vodacom.
· The enterprise development opportunities in the mobile space by Paulo Ferreira, Head of Enterprise Mobility at Samsung.
· Opportunities for mobile applications in government by McLean Sibanda, CEO at The Innovation Hub.
· Developing windows phone games and introduction to developing for Windows 8 by Dave Russell, Technical Developer Evangelist at Microsoft.
· Android, HTML5 and mobile web development by Ato Ulzen-Appiah the Developer Outreach Programme Manager of Sub-Saharan Africa at Google and Toby Kurien, the Android Development Freelancer.
For full program details and workshop registration, visit www.vodacom.co.za/developer
* Follow Gadget on Twitter on @GadgetZA